A farmyard theme is a wonderful choice for a baby shower, especially a gender-neutral one with a relaxing countryside venueto match. The elements of farm animals and motifs add a sweet touch to any shower. Here are some cute ideas for food to serve at a farmyard-themed baby shower.
- Feature the classic black and white cow print in the food display, such as these eye-catching popcorn boxes.
- Have a look around your house for some props to use in the food display that evokes the farmyard. The sweet tin windmill and mini implements, the straw hat adorning the juice, the chalkboard food labels, and the mini galvanized metal buckets filled with sweets are perfect examples of farm-ready accessories.
- A favourite idea is using mini plastic farm figurines to decorate cupcakes and this mini white picket fence is adorable.
- Gingham is a classic farm motif and the red-and-white ribbon and tablecloth used for the food buffet brings in this pattern perfectly. Glass jars as containers add a farm touch too, reminiscent of jam-making and fruit-preserving.
- Chocolate milk is a nostalgic treat that’s ideal for a farmyard bash – serve it in mini milk bottles customised with a cow pattern.
1.• Chocolate milk is a nostalgic treat that’s ideal for a farmyard bash – serve it in mini milk bottles customised with a cow pattern.
Have a look at the Baa baa baby shower theme for more nature-inspired themes and let your imagination run all the way to the farm!
Photography: Robyn Davie